The Merkle HighUP Process
HighUP is the new Merkle process enabling a total elimination of the difficult to use, triangular weave method (TWM) of vertical up welding. Vertical joints generally need to be welded up-hand (3G or 3F) to ensure sufficient penetration, and this has always been the area of the triangular weave experts. Now you can weld like the experts with the aid of HighUP from Merkle.
The Merkle HighUP process combines a hot high current phase (such as PulseARC with 25 %) and a lower current phase (such as MAG with 75 %) and enables a very easy to use, and to control, welding process.
HighUP can be used on most available materials such as low to high alloyed steels or aluminium and its related alloys.
Problems with undercut or flank penetration defects are now a thing of the past thanks to Merkle's HighUP process. Be the first to the top, and that in next to no time!
Vertical up welding made especially easy!
UP TO 100 % FASTER WELDING
- Up to 100 % faster welding times when compared to the classic triangular weave method.
100 % SAFER PENETRATION
- Reduced heat input when compared to the classic triangular weave welding
- Deeper, safer penetration
100 % EASIER TO USE
- Perfect vertical up welds, even as a complete beginner
- Greatly reduced risk of penetration defects
100 % PROFESSIONAL WELDING
- The Merkle HighPULSE range of welding machines allow you to use the HighUP function professionally
- ColdMIG, DeepARC or HighUP, all processes are available together with the HighPULSE range of welding machines
Das HighUP Lichtbogen
Durch dieses System ist auch der HighUP Lichtbogen entstanden. Durch die Kombination einer heißen Hochstrom-Phase und einer Phase niedriger Energieeinbringung, sind aufwendige „Tannenbaum-Steignähte“ hinfällig.